Joining the Affiliate ProgramThis article explains how qualified broadcasters can start monetizing their channels.
Notice an error or have feedback for this article? Let us know!
- Access and Overview
- Earning Revenue: Subscriptions for Affiliates
- Earning Revenue: Cheering (with Bits) for Affiliates
- Earning Revenue: Game Sales Revenue for Affiliates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I be a Partner and an Affiliate?
- What monetization features do Affiliates have access to?
- What are the differences between the Partner and Affiliate benefits?
- Why do Affiliates have to wait longer to receive payouts (60 days vs. 45 days for Partners)?
- In what countries is the Affiliate program available?
For an invite to our Affiliate Program, you must meet 4 requirements:
- Stream for 8 hours in the last 30 days
- Stream on 7 days in the last 30 days
- Reach an average of 3 viewers per stream
- Grow your audience to 50 followers
When you meet a requirement, a checkmark will appear under Path to Affiliate. If you lose any checkmarks, you'll need to complete those requirements again. Once you have all 4 checkmarks, we'll display an invite button on your Achievements page and email you.
Once you have been invited and you have clicked “Get Started”, it will take you to the Settings tab of your Dashboard where you can complete a short process to begin monetizing your channel with Bits.
NOTE: Two-factor authentication is required to complete the onboarding process.
Step 1: You will provide basic, general information to be registered into the program.
Step 2: Sign the Twitch Affiliate Agreement, agreeing to the terms of the program.
Step 3: Provide Amazon your tax information by completing both the Royalty and Service Tax Interviews (TIMS).
Step 4: Tell us where to send your payments by completing the Tipalti form.
- Direct Deposit to bank account
- Hold Payments (Held while waiting Affiliate to specify new payout information)
Once you have completed the above steps, you will be a Twitch Affiliate. You can read more about payouts here.
Affiliates can have subscribers to start earning revenue on their channels. They will receive 1 emoticon slot for their subscribers.
To learn more about Subs for Affiliates and the Emoticon slot it comes with, read this article.
Affiliates can use Bits to start earning revenue on their channels. They will receive 1 cent per Bit used to Cheer in their channel, same as Partners do, and will have access to all Cheering settings and features with the exception of Partner Custom Cheermotes. Affiliates will be able to track revenue from Bits on the Revenue tab of their Dashboard.
To learn more about Cheering with Bits, read this article.
Affiliates can earn revenue from the sale of games and in game items that originate from their channel page
To learn more about Game Sales Revenue, read this article.
- Q. Can I be a Partner and an Affiliate?
- A. No.
- Q. What monetization features do Affiliates have access to?
- A. Affiliates can earn revenue from Bits and sales of games and in-game items that originate on their channels, with additional tools to follow in the coming months.
- Q. What are the differences between the Partner and Affiliate benefits?
Feature All Streamers Twitch Affiliate Twitch Partner Monetization Tools Cheering with Bits No Yes, No Custom Cheermotes Yes, with Custom Cheermotes Subscriptions No Yes, 1 Sub Emote Yes, Can Unlock up to 50 Sub Emotes Game Sales No Yes Yes, Premium Features Coming Soon Ads No Coming Soon Yes, Premium Features Coming Soon Video Tools Transcode As Available As Available, with priority access Full access to Transcode VOD Storage 14 Days 14 Days 60 Days Stream Delay No stream delay option No stream delay option Stream delay up to 15 minutes Payment Terms Chargeback Protection N/A Yes Yes Payout Timeframe N/A 60 Days 45 Days Payout Fees N/A Covered by Affiliates Covered by Twitch Customer Service Standard Support Queue Standard Support Queue Priority Partner Support, Access to Partnership Team Verified Channel Badge No No Yes
- Q. Why do Affiliates have to wait longer to receive payouts (60 days vs. 45 days for Partners)?
- A. As we invite Affiliates to begin earning on their channels, this places an additional burden on our fraud protection services. With the number of Affiliates we expect to onboard, we need extra time to screen for fraud before we are able to make payouts. This fraud screening helps us protect you from chargebacks.
- Q. In what countries is the Affiliate program available?
- A. The Affiliate program is available globally.