How to Use Twitch Prime SubscriptionsThis article explains what Twitch Prime Channel Subscriptions are and how to use them.
Notice an error or have feedback for this article? Let us know!
Twitch Prime is a premium experience on Twitch that is included with an Amazon Prime or Amazon Prime Video Membership depending on what country you live in. Twitch Prime includes bonus games and exclusive in-game content, a channel subscription every month at no additional cost to be used on any Partner or Affiliate channel, exclusive emotes, and chat badge. Click here to learn more about Twitch Prime.
- On any Partnered or Affiliate channel, click the Subscribe button
- Choose Subscribe Free (US) or Subscribe at no additional cost (UK)
- After you purchase a subscription and refresh the page (press F5 or refresh on your browser if you do not see it), you will see a banner at the top of the chat for that channel (unless you are currently timed out or banned in the channel). Click the banner's Share button. You have up to 30 days to Share.
- Next, put in a custom message in text box and hit Enter once you are ready to share.
- The message will send a chat notification that also includes your custom message.
- The channel subscription you choose to purchase with your Twitch Prime subscription will appear in your Subscriptions page.
Note: Prime channel subscriptions do not auto-renew, therefore you must redeem your Twitch Prime subscription every 30-days when you receive it to remain subscribed with one specific channel.
Note: If you would not like your Twitch Prime Subscription to show in chat when you use your subscription, you can disable notifications via Prime settings (explained below).
Note: Disabling your Prime or Prime Video subscription notification means your subscription action will not be posted and the broadcaster may not see or recognize your subscription.
- On the Prime tab under Settings, check the box to enable a notification that will appear in Chat when you use your subscription benefit
- Click Save Changes
- How can I renew a subscription with the same broadcaster?
- A month after the first time you subscribe using your Twitch Prime subscription, simply navigate to the channel you wish to subscribe to and click the Subscribe button, and select Subscribe Free (US) or Subscribe at no additional cost (UK).
- How can I swap my current paid subscription to use my subscription included with Twitch Prime instead?
- You will first need to cancel your paid subscription and wait for the subscription to expire before renewing with the Twitch Prime subscription option. To cancel your paid subscription, go here, scroll to the channel you wish to cancel, and click Don’t Renew.
- Will I keep my subscription tenure (sub streak) if I don’t renew my normal subscription and instead use my Twitch Prime subscription to subscribe?
- Yes, sub tenure works with the Twitch Prime subscription the same way it does for regular recurring subs. Simply do not renew your regular subscription, and once that paid month has expired, subscribe using your Twitch Prime subscription. Just be sure to do so within 30 days after your previous subscription has expired to retain your sub tenure.
- If I use my Twitch Prime subscription to subscribe to a Partner / Affiliate broadcaster, do they still get paid for it?
- Yes. Broadcasters receive payment for your subscription in the same manner as if you paid for that subscription outside of your Prime membership.
- Can I save up my Twitch Prime subscriptions?
- No, you will only be able to use one subscription at a time. After you subscribe using your Twitch Prime subscription, you can only do so again a month later.
If you are having issues with any Twitch Prime membership benefit, please open a ticket here and select the reason from the dropdown menu so that you can receive proper assistance with your issue.
For customer support on Amazon Prime, use one of the following links:
- USA: www.amazon.com/help
- UK: www.amazon.co.uk/help
- Mexico: www.amazon.com.mx/help
- Canada: www.amazon.ca/help
- Germany, Netherlands, and Austria: www.amazon.de/help
- Italy: www.amazon.it/help
- France and Belgium: www.amazon.fr/help
- Spain: www.amazon.es/help
- Japan: www.amazon.co.jp/help
For customer support on Prime Video, use this link:
- All countries: www.primevideo.com/help
Note: You MUST log in to the help portal before opening a support ticket about Twitch Prime.