Joining the Affiliate ProgramThis article explains how qualified broadcasters can start monetizing their channels.
Notice an error or have feedback for this article? Let us know!
Quick intro to the guide.
The criteria for Affiliates is likely to change as we develop the program. At launch we invited non partnered broadcasters who have:
- At least 500 total minutes broadcast in the last 30 days
- At least 7 unique broadcast days in the last 30 days
- An average of 3 concurrent viewers or more over the last 30 days
- At least 50 Followers
Within a few weeks after your channel becomes eligible, you will be invited via email, the Notification Area in the upper right corner of twitch.tv, and on the Dashboard live tab.
Once you have been invited and you have clicked “Get Started”, it will take you to the Settings tab of your Dashboard where you can complete a short process to begin monetizing your channel with Bits.
NOTE: Two-factor authentication is required to complete the onboarding process.
Step 1: You will provide basic, general information to be registered into the program.
Step 2: Sign the Twitch Affiliate Agreement, agreeing to the terms of the program.
Step 3: Provide Amazon your tax information by completing both the Royalty and Service Tax Interviews (TIMS).
Step 4: Tell us where to send your payments by completing the Tipalti form.
- Direct Deposit to bank account
- Hold Payments (Held while waiting Affiliate to specify new payout information)
Once you have completed the above steps, you will be a Twitch Affiliate. You can read more about payouts here.
Affiliates can have subscribers to start earning revenue on their channels. They will receive 1 emoticon slot for their subscribers.
To learn more about Subs for Affiliates and the Emoticon slot it comes with, read this article.
Affiliates can use Bits to start earning revenue on their channels. They will receive 1 cent per Bit used to Cheer in their channel, same as Partners do, and will have access to all Cheering settings and features with the exception of Partner Custom Cheermotes. Affiliates will be able to track revenue from Bits on the Revenue tab of their Dashboard.
To learn more about Cheering with Bits, read this article.
Affiliates can earn revenue from the sale of games and in game items that originate from their channel page
To learn more about Game Sales Revenue, read this article.
- Q. Can I be a Partner and an Affiliate?
- A. No.
- Q. What monetization features do Affiliates have access to?
- A. Affiliates can earn revenue from Bits and sales of games and in-game items that originate on their channels, with additional tools to follow in the coming months.
- Q. What are the differences between the Partner and Affiliate benefits?
FeatureAll StreamersTwitch AffiliateTwitch PartnerCheering with BitsNoYes, No Custom Cheermotes
or Bits BadgesYes, with Custom Cheermotes
or Bits BadgesSubscriptionsNoYes, 1 Sub EmoteYes, Can Unlock up to 50 Sub EmotesGame SalesNoYesYes, Premium Features Coming SoonAdsNoComing SoonYes, Premium Features Coming SoonTranscodeAs AvailableAs Available, with priority accessFull access to TranscodeVOD Stroage14 Days14 Days60 DaysStream DelayNo stream delay optionNo stream delay optionStream delay up to 15 minutesReruns and Premieres:
Rebroadcast past content
and show off new videos to
your audience.NoYesYesChargeback ProtectionN/AYesYesPayout TimeframeN/A60 Days45 DaysPayout FeesN/ACovered by AffiliatesCovered by TwitchStream Team CreationsNoNoYesAccess to Self-Service Emote ToolN/ANoYesCustomer ServiceStandard Support QueueStandard Support QueuePriority Partner Support,
Access to Partnership TeamVerified Channel BadgeNoNoYes
- Q. Why do Affiliates have to wait longer to receive payouts (60 days vs. 45 days for Partners)?
- A. As we invite Affiliates to begin earning on their channels, this places an additional burden on our fraud protection services. With the number of Affiliates we expect to onboard, we need extra time to screen for fraud before we are able to make payouts. This fraud screening helps us protect you from chargebacks.
- Q. In what countries is the Affiliate program available?
- A. The Affiliate program is available globally.