Android Subscriptions FAQThis article explains how to subscribe to your favorite broadcasters on your Android mobile device and answers related frequently asked questions.
Notice an error or have feedback for this article? Let us know!
Mobile viewing is quickly becoming one of the best ways to enjoy Twitch both in and out of the house. With that in mind, the latest update to the Twitch Android app moves even closer to the web experience. Here is the full breakdown of the features you can expect:
- Subscribe to a Partner for the first time.
- Resubscribe and announce your anniversary to the chat.
- Manage your current subscriptions.
It works just like subscribing via the website, and follows the same payment flow. There are no additional fees or steps either! Users will be able to announce their resubscriptions just like via web, and take advantage of all the subscriber perks in the channel (sub only chat, emotes, etc). Additionally, Android users will be able to manage subscriptions from the App Settings, within the Account section.
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding Subscriptions via the Android app.
- Q: How do I get the Twitch app to use this feature?
- Q: Will I be able to access my sub emotes?
- A: Absolutely! You will still be able to access all of your usual Twitch sub perks that you would normally be able to on the website. However, this does not include any add-ons; this is limited to things natively on Twitch.
- Q: Can I still talk in Sub Only chat?
- A: Yep! Your sub will affect your account the same way it normally would via web. This means you will be able to use your emotes, talk in sub only mode, and see your special channel badge.
- Q: Can I pay for subs the same way I do on the web?
- A: The payment flow will be almost identical to the web version. All payments will be processed via Xsolla so you will still have access to all the awesome payment options that you would normally have.
- Q: How can I manage my subs in the Android app?
- A: You can take a look at all of your current subscriptions via the Subscriptions section, which you can via your settings. Here you will be able to view all your current subs, cancel your recurring payments, and see your subscription benefits.
- Q: Where can I get a refund if I need one?
- A: Our payment Partner Xsolla is handling all refunds so feel free to contact their support team for further assistance here: firstname.lastname@example.org.