Power Clippers GuideThis article explains what Power Clippers is, how to become a Power Clipper, and other useful information.
Notice an error or have feedback for this article? Let us know!
Update on June 25, 2018: We have changed the "Clip Champs” name to “Power Clippers” to more closely align with the requirements needed to achieve the status.
What is Power Clippers?
Power Clippers allows you to earn recognition for supporting your favorite creators by making and sharing clips. At the 1st of every month, users who achieved Power Clipper status during the previous month will be notified. These Power Clippers will receive an exclusive channel badge that, when equipped, appears when you chat in the channel where you’ve earned Power Clipper status.
Additionally, your Power Clipper status will also appear next to your handle on the viewing pages for your clips of that channel as well as on the game directories and the clips tab of that channel page. The Power Clipper badge lets the community know that a user has consistently supported a creator’s channel by making and sharing high-quality clips.
How to become a Power Clipper
To become a Power Clipper for a channel, you must create at least 1 clip per week for that channel and receive at least 50 total views across all those clips. Then, on the 1st of the next month, you will be notified for achieving Power Clipper status for that channel.
Remember, your Power Clipper status will reset after a month, so be sure to continue supporting your favorite creators by creating and sharing clips to maintain your Power Clipper status. Pro tip: clips that are trimmed, titled, and most importantly, shared with others (on social media, in chat, etc.) tend to receive more views.
For detailed instructions on how to create clips, visit the How to Use Clips page.
How to equip the Power Clipper channel badge
The Power Clipper channel badge is currently only able to be equipped and unequipped from desktop devices. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the channel for which you’ve received Power Clipper status.
- Open the chat settings by clicking the settings cog in the chat window.
- In the chat settings that appear, click “Edit Appearance.”
- Click the Power Clipper badge in the “Channel Badge” section.
- Refresh the page. The Power Clipper badge will now appear next to your name in chat.
- Q. How can I track my progress toward becoming a Power Clipper?
- A. We are currently actively exploring ways to provide viewers with a simple method for tracking their progress toward becoming a Power Clipper. In the meantime, viewers can use the Clips Manager to see the number of views for their clips.
- Q. I’m a Twitch creator. What are the benefits of having Power Clippers for my channel?
- A. Clips is a simple way for any viewer to help your channel grow by reaching and engaging audiences with short, bite-sized videos that showcase exciting, interesting moments from a creator’s content. Power Clippers are viewers who consistently create and share engaging clips, so the more Power Clippers are a part of your community, the more viewers you have who can support you by curating the best of your content to new and existing audiences.