Earning Revenue from In-Extension Purchases BetaThis article explains how Partners and Affiliates can earn revenue from the sale of digital items within Extensions on your channel page.
Notice an error or have feedback for this article? Let us know!
Partners and affiliates participating in the In-Extension Purchases beta can now earn revenue from the sale of digital items within certain Extensions on your channel page.
- Install and activate an Extension that has enabled the sale of digital items. These Extensions include the label In-Extension Purchases in the Extension Manager.
- When your viewers purchase a digital item for sale within the Extension on your channel page, you’ll earn a portion of the sale.
- Partners and Affiliates will be paid 45 days after the end of the month in which your accrued revenue balance reaches $100. You can track your Extensions Revenue via your Channel Analytics.
- Q. I am a Partner / Affiliate. How can I participate in the In-Extension Purchases beta?
- A. The In-Extensions Purchases beta is currently closed, but we’re hoping to roll this out to all partners and affiliates in the near future.
- Q. How do I know which Extensions include In-Extension purchases?
- A. Extensions that enable digital item sales will include the label “In-Extensions Purchases” in the Extension Manager. Once you install, configure, and activate an Extension, it will show up on your channel page, and viewers on your channel will then be able to see, buy, and use digital goods within the Extension.
- Q. In which countries will In-Extension purchases be available?
- A. Digital item sales within Extensions are available in countries that Amazon supports. Payments are made using an Amazon account, and all pricing is in US dollars.
- Q. What is the revenue share to Partners & Affiliates?
- A. Partners and Affiliates will generally receive 50% of the revenue generated from the sale of digital items within Extensions purchased from your channel page. For items also available through game sales, however, Partners & Affiliates will earn 5% of the sale.
- Q. How are In-Extension purchases fulfilled / used?
- A. Third parties own and drive the fulfillment of digital goods purchases in Extensions, not Twitch. Viewers will be able to see and use their digital purchases within the Extension. Note that the Extension must be installed and activated within your channel page for your viewers to use the digital item
- Q. What happens to my viewers’ purchased digital items if I stop using an Extension with In-Extensions purchases?
- A. If you choose to uninstall or deactivate an Extension with in-Extensions purchases, your viewers will no longer be able to use the digital item they purchased on your channel, unless you reactivate the Extension. Please avoid deactivating an Extension in a disruptive manner because it will impact your viewer’s experience of their purchase.
- Q. Where can I find revenue information for In-Extension purchases?
- A. You can track revenue from In-Extensions purchases under Extensions Revenue via your Channel Analytics. It will show you the total revenue earned from In-Extension Purchases, but will not include detail on what items were sold or who purchased the items.
- Q. Are In-Extension purchases available on mobile?
- A. Not at this time. We are working to bring Extensions to mobile devices soon.
- Q. Will there be alerts/notifications available so I can give a shoutout or trigger an overlay when someone purchases a digital item within an Extension activated on my channel page?
- A. Viewers have the option to share their purchase on the channel’s chat if they choose to.