Community MeetUps, Powered By TwitchThis article provides information on Community MeetUps, Powered By Twitch.
Notice an error or have feedback for this article? Let us know!
The Twitch community is known for their passion (#bleedpurple). Throughout the years, we’ve seen countless friendships formed, engagements and weddings broadcasted live, and dozens of organized gatherings at conventions for broadcasters and their fans.
In the last year, we’ve started seeing this passion evolve into groups of broadcasters and fans banding together to form local, city-based events dedicated to sharing their love for Twitch, networking with each other and local gaming organizations, and growing friendships IRL. Essentially, a new form of meet-up has been popping up all around the globe, sometimes with 100+ people in attendance! Naturally, we wanted to figure out how we could equally support all of these events and promote them, and that’s why we created the Community MeetUps, Powered by Twitch program.
- Provide limited use of the “Powered by Twitch” logos (to be used only in association with the meet-up).
- Provide swag bags for the event, for use at each group’s discretion (total number varies depending on the size of the group, but typically about 10 per event)
- Promote the event via social media and/or Twitch Weekly
- Allow use of the name “Twitch” in social media (such as @TwitchSeattle on Twitter, and in websites).
- Brand the event as “<City> Community MeetUp, Powered by Twitch”.
- Abide by the Twitch Trademark and Brand guidelines (which means, aside from the “Powered by Logo”, no use of the “Twitch” or “Glitch” logos, no use of any of the emotes under Twitch’s copyright, and proper use of all color schemes).
- Keep the event open to the public for individuals 18+.
- Keep the event free of charge.
- Obtain approval from Twitch for all sponsorships, and keeping sponsors associated with the event related to gaming culture.
- Be permitted to sell merchandise with the Powered by Twitch logo (through Twitch-approved vendors).
- Post and enforce an Events Rules of Conduct at each event.
- Put on at least 2 events per calendar year.
To apply for entrance into the Community MeetUps, Powered by Twitch program, please visit http://link.twitch.tv/communitymeetups and submit your application. If you have questions, please feel free to email email@example.com. When applying, we look for groups who:
- Have had at least two organized MeetUps with at least 20 attendees at each event.
- Are currently in good standing with Twitch’s Brand and Trademark Guidelines; and have an existing social media presence (via website or Twitter/Facebook/etc).
If you choose not to participate in the program, that’s totally understandable! We encourage you to form MeetUps and strengthen your communities in the way you best feel fits the needs of your attendees. However, we do ask that organizers with MeetUps currently not involved in the program abide by the Brand and Trademark guidelines, including avoiding the use of Twitch’s name, logo, and IP in websites and social media handles.
Or, if you’re a Twitch fan just wanting to find out which MeetUp is closest to you, please check out the current list of participating cities/Community MeetUps below:
- Adelaide - @TwitchAdelaide
- Brisbane - @TwitchBrisbane
- Melbourne - @TwitchMelbourne
- Sydney - @TwitchSydney
- Tasmania - @TwitchTasmania
- Calgary, Alberta - @TwitchCalgary
- Edmonton, Alberta - @EdmontonTwitch
- Vancouver, British Columbia - @TwitchVancouver
- Winnipeg, Manitoba - @TwitchWinnipeg
- Ottawa, Ontario - @TwitchOttawa
- Toronto, Ontario - @TwitchGTA
- Montreal, Quebec - @TwitchMontreal
- Ville de Saguenay, Quebec - @TwitchSaguenay
- London, England - @TwitchLondon
- San Diego, CA - @TwitchSanDiego
- Denver, CO - @TwitchDenver
- Jacksonville, FL - @TwitchJax
- Orlando, FL - @TwitchOrlando
- Atlanta, GA - @TwitchAtlanta
- Honolulu, HI - @TwitchHawaii
- Chicago, IL - @TwitchChicago
- Boston, MA - @TwitchBOS
- Kansas City, MO - @TwitchKCmidwest
- St. Louis, MO - @TwitchStLouis
- Charlotte, NC - @TwitchCharlotte
- Pittsburgh, PA - @TwitchPittsbrgh
- Nashville, TN - @TwitchNashville
- Austin, TX - @TwitchAustin
- Dallas, TX - @twitchDFW
- Houston, TX - @TwitchHouston
- San Antonio, TX - @twitchSATX
- Salt Lake City, UT - @TwitchSLC
- Seattle, WA - @SeattleOBA
- Washington, D.C. - @TwitchWDC