I usually interact with my channel through an external IRC program (X Chat) instead of the web chat. For the past few days I have been unable to connect to the chat. The web chat is still working as far as I can tell but not my IRC program. This is the case for every channel I've tried to join through IRC.
* Looking up katsu87.jtvirc.com
* Unknown host. Maybe you misspelled it?
If i try through the server IP address I get a slightly different error.
* Looking up 220.127.116.11
* Connecting to 18.104.22.168:6667 (22.214.171.124) port 6667...
* Connected. Now logging in...
* Disconnected (Remote host closed socket).
Did the method for connecting to the chat through an external program change or is it just not working?
Any help would be appreciated.