To protect the integrity of our community, as the provider of the service, Twitch employees and global moderators reserve the right to suspend any account at any time for any activity that we deem inappropriate or harmful. You are free to petition your case (we review every petition), but we are not inclined nor required to provide a reason at the time of suspension.
There is no fixed time as to the length of a suspension unless we inform you otherwise. We will unsuspend accounts at our discretion based on review of your actions, account standing, and whatever other information we have. Our Customer Support team reviews all requests for reinstatement, and we process these along with all other Customer Support requests, thus we will respond to you when we are done helping users with accounts in good standing.
In addition to our Terms of Service, we provide the following list of behaviors that could lead to suspension of your account or channel. These behaviors fall under a common sense philosophy. If you find yourself asking whether or not you're crossing the line, chances are you shouldn't do it.
- Self destructive behavior: In theory, playing video games is one of the safest activities one can possibly engage in. Don't ruin this by harming yourself physically, drinking excessively or endangering yourself in any way while broadcasting.
- Sexually explicit acts or content: Nerds are sexy, and you're all magnificent, beautiful creatures, but let's try and keep this about the games, shall we? Nudity is not allowed (the exception being in-game nudity within ESRB rated titles), nor is stripping, or sexual acts.
- Don't break the law: Is whatever that thing you're doing illegal? Yeah, don't do that. Seriously. Stop.
- Spam: No one likes a broken record, so please respect the channel moderators and do not participate in posting repetitive or unwanted messages.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, or other hate speech: We're not going to tell you to watch the potty mouth, that's between you and your mother who doesn't approve anyway. What we will tell you, however, is that if you choose to use language or produce content that is racist, sexist, homophobic or falls under generally accepted guidelines for hate speech, you will disappear from Twitch.
- Harassment or defamation of other users, Twitch staff, or Twitch volunteers, which includes sending users to another channel (notably if the channel owner complains): Treat others the way you'd like to be treated, and don't be a jerk. It's really as simple as that. If you need help in figuring out whether or not you're being a jerk, please refer to this simple chart. And if you’d like to “raid” a channel, ask for permission!
- Botting or hacking of online games: At Twitch, we work with the brilliant people who make all these wonderful video games to ensure that we, nor our community, are stepping on anyone's toes. That said, please respect their terms of service and their communities by not hacking, botting, or by cheating in their online games.
- Streaming games before release without permission: See above. Please respect all publisher or developer enforced NDA periods and street dates. Don't be a spoiler!
- Re-streaming of another channel's content without permission: Don't cross the streams! This rule also holds for content located on websites outside of Twitch, as well. If you're not the point of origin, don't put it on your channel.
- Attempts to evade suspension: When you're suspended from Twitch, you are cast out with the other Morlocks. Any attempts to create a new account, identity or broadcast your personality to a Twitch channel (for example, appearing in a video chat, skype call or being rebroadcast from a different site) will only prolong your suspension.
- Twitch staff or volunteer impersonation: You're good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like you. Why would you want to impersonate anyone else? Besides, if you do, those people who like you will be the aforementioned Morlocks.
- Non-gaming content: Not sure if you noticed this, but Twitch is a place for games. Video games, board games, LARP games -- you name it. And while it's nice to take a break and just chill out with your audience, please ensure that your channel's primary focus is on gaming content.
Channel owners and their appointed channel moderators are free to suspend users from their channel at any time for any reason. If you have been suspended from a channel, you will need to contact the channel owner or an appointed channel moderator to ask for reinstatement.
DMCA SuspensionsFor more on our DMCA (ie, copyright) guidelines, please go here. DMCA covers music, movies, television, etc.
DMCA violations may result in very severe actions, including indefinite suspension.