This has proven to help many folks, so moving this up:
Please try disconnecting the app from Twitch, then on the Xbox One deleting theapp data, uninstalling the app and then reinstalling. Do exactly as follows:
- First, disconnect the Xbox connection from your Twitch account: twitch.tv/settings/connections
- Then on your Xbox On, select the Twitch app in My Games & Apps.
- Press the menu button.
- Select Manage app.
- On the right under SAVED DATA, select the appropriate gamertag.
- Press the menu button.
- Select Delete saved data.
- To uninstall the app, find the app, then press the menu button to open the app menu, and select Uninstall.
To broadcast to Twitch from your Xbox One, the following must be true:
What You MUST Have Set on Your Xbox One BEFORE You Can Broadcast
- In your Profile, your presence is set to "Online".
- In the Settings app under "Privacy and online safety", "See if you're online" is set to "Everyone" and "Broadcast gameplay" is set to "Allow".
- In the Settings app under "Preferences", "Allow broadcasts and Game DVR uploads" is checked.
- You must be playing a game. You cannot broadcast without first launching a game.
In order to include Kinect information in your broadcast, the following must be true:
- In the Settings app under "Privacy and online safety", "Share content made using Kinect" is "Allow".
- In the Settings app under "Kinect", "Kinect on" is checked and to include Kinect audio in your broadcast "Use Kinect microphone for chat" is checked.
More Best Practices and Troubleshooting Tips
A wired connection is better than a wireless connection.
Your Xbox Live Reputation
Your XBL account must be in good standing (i.e., not have reputation that is too low).
You must be signed in with Adult privacy settings (i.e., all settings enabled). Make sure there are no Child profiles signed in when trying to broadcast.
Twitch Stream Key
Try resetting your stream key once by going to your Dashboard - http://www.twitch.tv/dashboard - then click the Stream Key tab, then click Show Key and Reset Key...just once!
Do not reset your stream key multiple times to avoid a 15 minute lockout.
Make sure the Xbox connection exists in Settings > Connections: http://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections
You may also want to come back here, mouse over the check mark and click DISCONNECT, then uninstall the app, then reinstall the app and retry the activate process (taking the code to twitch.tv/activate).
If your Xbox One locks up, try a hard reset: Press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, then remove the power for 30 seconds and restart the console.